2016 (published: 16.12.2016)
The journal is published by St Petersburg National Research University of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics
The scientific series Processes and Food Production Equipment has been published since 2008 as a science-oriented and academic periodical, now of the ITMO University. Before 2013, it was issued under the name Scientific Journal of St Petersburg State University of Low Temperature and Food Technologies:Processes and Food Production Equipment. Since 2013, the same series has been published under the auspices of St Petersburg National Research University of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics (ITMO University).
Annually published four issues of the journal (sized 50 Mb each).
This periodical has been registered with the Federal Service of Supervision in the Sphere of Communication, Information Technologies and Mass Communications (certificate EL No FS 77–55245 of 04/09/2013; ISSN 2072-2389).
An outline of the topics covered by the journal
- Researching the effect of chemical, biochemical, radiochemical and microbiological changes in raw materials and food products on basic food production processes.
- Using the methods of applied mechanics (hydrodynamics, physicochemical mechanics, rheology, etc.) to upgrade food production processes and equipment.
- Studying the composition and properties of raw materials and the regularities in achieving targeted quality characteristics of meat, dairy and fish products, their refrigeration and cold storage.
- Developing refrigeration, cold storage and transportation technologies for food products, including cryogenic techniques.
- Studying and enhancing scientific concepts in molecular biology, genetic engineering, applied biotechnology and food chemistry applicable to food production processes and technologies.